[Sugar-devel] sugar-jhbuild on Mandriva (was: Re: [Olpc-france] Demande d'information technique sur Sugar)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sat Oct 10 04:55:48 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 02:05:37PM +0200, s.boutayeb at free.fr wrote:

> After executing "sugar-jhbuild depscheck", the output is:
> "Warning: unknown distro version, automatic fallback to cooker."
> "ERROR: Dependencies information is missing (unknown
> distribution/version).
Mandriva is only half-supported by sugar-jhbuild because
a) we don't have Mandriva VMs to look up and test things (and I
currently don't have time to set them up) and
b) I don't know where else to look up stuff like package names (e.g. for
Debian there is packages.debian.org)

> "Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for mipsel
We currently only have a config file for 2009.1. If you can verify that
2008.1 has the required versions of all the packages we need, I'm happy
to add the config. For testing you can just copy
mandrivalinux-2009.1.xml to mandrivalinux-2008.1.xml in
sugar-jhbuild/config/sysdeps.

> I remains at you disposal if you want to test your code on this mips
> hardware
> (either on Mandriva or Debian).
Debian should work just fine (both native packages and sugar-jhbuild),
so would be nice if you could test that.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/