[Sugar-devel] GSM/CDMA Modems support (part II)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:13:41 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Martin Abente
<mabente at paraguayeduca.org> wrote:
> As I mentioned in my last email to devel at lists.laptop.org, there is a real
> need for a GSM/CDMA usb modem support in our region since thats the most
> common/available service in rural locations.

Hola Martin,

question: are you planning on giving a GSM/CDMA card to each child
with an XO? Or to configure the local XS to have a GSM/CDMA connection
that provides the "upstream" connection which is then shared by all XO
users that connect to the XS?

If you want to set things up on the XS, we can probably come up with
scripts that get it online as soon as you plug the modem into the XS.
(So: unplug to disconnect).

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions