[Sugar-devel] User workflow sharing "Journal Entries" over USB sticks

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 08:08:09 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:55 PM, David Van Assche <dvanassche at gmail.com> wrote:
> inclydiung usb if that was desired

Maybe your usb disk has a firmware smart enough to run telepathy :-)

Not kidding, at least one of the bugs listed in SL's tracker about
Journal Entry sharing would be fixed with the JEB-based approach I am
proposing. And once the Journal can prepare a JEB, you just write it
to the USB disk mountpoint.

Telepathy in the middle is overengineering a bridge to get from the
kitchen to the bedroom. I am happy to walk.

In terms of use cases, saving to a USB disk allows for personal
backups -- like before a complete upgrade / reflash, which is still
used in many cases.

You wouldn't use a system that didn't let you copy your files to a
disk, would you?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions