[Sugar-devel] User workflow sharing "Journal Entries" over USB sticks

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:55:23 EST 2009

This all sounds like a great current solutinon, but shouldn't we be looking
at more long term network ubquity solutions. It seems to be that having a
telepathy backend and frontend would allow us to share files anty which wat
inclydiung usb if that was desired. From my experience in schools, though
they seem like god's gift at the beginning of the semester, teachers end up
cursing the the things left right and center, through no fault of usb, but
that of human error, where people forget/loose/haver them eaten by their
pets, truly)

sorry so to sounds so pessimisitc today, mybe fell out of the wrong side of
the bed,
David

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Filed it as http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9657 - can't find anything on
>
> And also related: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9658 about the
> impossibility of exchanging data between Sugar versions 0.82 and 0.84
>
> This is rather awkward -- users cannot save their own files to a USB
> stick (pre upgrade) and expect them to work once upgraded.
>
> I don't expect all deployments will use olpc-update :-/

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>  - ask interesting questions

Charles de Gaulle<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html>
- "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."