[Sugar-devel] Latest school-ready image for XOs?

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 06:21:10 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'll be spending an afternoon at the Austria OLPC / Sugar pilot project
school on Thursday and was now wondering what the latest "school-ready"
software image for use on the XO-1s there was.

Looking around it seems that OLPC's 802 image (which they're using atm) is
still the way to go with the only real alternative being running SoaS from
the internal NAND. However according to
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation/OLPC that would
mean dealing with either the "no sound / no automount of USB drives" issue
(for the older images), a lack of camera support or consistent windowing
issues (all of which I pretty much consider a no-go).

As always all comments and suggestions are welcome, especially if I missed
something (it's been pretty busy around here lately)...

Thanks,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer