[Sugar-devel] SoaS won't boot XO-1s?

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:47:44 EDT 2009

I have just updated firmware to Q2E35, no boot either from SoaS-1
March 5th or SoaS March 21st.

Both of these boot my Acer Aspire One no problem.

Weirdly, following the instructions on this page:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manual_Firmware_Install failed with a bad
CRC when the rom image was downloaded directly to the XO-1, but worked
fine when the image was downloaded elsewhere and accessed through OFW
on a USB key.

The SoaS-2 image is currently the G1G1 owner recommendation on that
page, I do think it would be more prudent to link to the last SoaS-1
iso instead of the SoaS-2 image. Or both, explaining the choice.

thanks
Sean