[Sugar-devel] SoaS won't boot XO-1s?

Dave Bauer dave.bauer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:00:41 EDT 2009

I am having a more fundamental issue.

1) First I used liveusb-creator on windows with Soas1 and created the crc
and img files to install to the NAND. That doesn't work for me.

2) Next I tried technique one from Fedora 10 but the livecd-iso-to-disk does
not have the --xo options. It looks like those instructions use a newer
version of livecd-tools. Is this impossible from Fedora 10? What else should
I be using.

Dave

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Martin Dengler
> <martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 02:28:08PM +0100, Sean DALY wrote:
> >> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation/OLPC
> >>
> >> I am late writing an article on this and I'm not getting anywhere
> >> because I can't boot either of my XOs from USB.
> >
> > I've had plenty of success booting from NAND and USB.>
> >
> >> * I see that most recent image is SoaS-2, is this what we want to
> >> recommend right now to G1G1 owners? Would a choice be better?
> >
> > SoaS-2 needs more testing and bugfixing IMHO.  We shouldn't recommend
> > it to G1G1 owners unless they want to be testers.
> >
> >> * I can't boot my XO which is at firmware Q2E18 but I am ready to try
> >> a later firmware such as Q2E28 or Q2E34
> >
> > I don't think this is a firmware issue.  I was booting off NAND with
> > Q2E19.
> >
> >> Sean
> >
> > Martin

Dave Bauer