[Sugar-devel] Print Support proposal (need input) Beta

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:58:23 EDT 2009

Thanks a bunch for replying, Ben!

But as tomeu had pointed out, what of the schools without servers? In that
case printing would have a need to be done from the laptops themselves.

And personally I would definitely prefer a client-server approach as it
simplifies many things. But shouldn't the print-to-pdf be a good addition?
In my opinion that would at least give the kids something through which they
can display their presentations to the real world.

one question, the school server will be running on a normal distro, or
sugar?

I believe pdf printing should be present on the laptops at least, so I will
push it as an end derivable.