[Sugar-devel] announce: alternate power management

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Fri Mar 13 18:25:01 EDT 2009

david wrote:
 > Very cool!
 >
 > How well will this integrate with the power management systems other
 > distros are using?  Can it become a 'Value Added' for other netbook
 > manufacturers?

while i'd love to say i did a lot of research and prep in order
to make sure my little project was api compliant and future
compatible with other power management systems, i can't say that.

my goal's were small:  to produce a lighter weight skeleton on
which to hang XO power management, in order to reduce the effort
needed to add some small features (that i wanted) to the current
functionality, and to make sure it was distro, desktop, and UI
independent.  (i also wanted to prove to myself that it could
really be done the way i was picturing it).

paul