[Sugar-devel] string changes for 0.84.1

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Mar 11 11:40:39 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:10, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:24, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

>>> Then I guess it would be better to not change any string in 0.84.1?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Tomeu
>>
>> Yeah, string changes sounds out of question for 0.84.1 - however did you
>> have anything specific in mind - that would not work at all without a string
>> change?
>
> There are some tickets about file transfer that would need UI changes,
> but we can probably do without new strings, not sure.

After giving a deeper look at the schedules in Fedora and Ubuntu,
looks like we can land fixes that imply string changes, as their
freezes don't apply to Sugar.

For Ubuntu, it was clarified some minutes ago:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze?action=info

For Fedora, the string freeze only applies to software for which
Fedora is upstream:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/StringFreezePolicy

So maybe we should take this chance and add some strings for 0.84.1?

Regards,

Tomeu