[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Booting SoaS on a PC and on an XO with the same stick (Yes, it can be done)

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 16:13:24 EDT 2009

I get the following error log running the
3.6.1 liveusb-creator just downloaded and
unzipped on winXP:

> [creator:689] Unable to get GetVolumeInformation: (21, 'GetVolumeInformation', 'The device is not ready.')
> [creator:735] Problem determining free space: (21, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The device is not ready.')
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "liveusb-creator", line 75, in <module>
>   File "liveusb-creator", line 70, in main
>   File "liveusb\gui.pyc", line 54, in __init__
>   File "liveusb\gui.pyc", line 245, in __init__
>   File "liveusb\gui.pyc", line 267, in populate_devices
>   File "liveusb\creator.pyc", line 699, in detect_removable_drives
> IndexError: list index out of range

The previous version downloaded (version 3.2) started
up ok.  Unfortunately, I deleted the 3.2 version when
I unzipped the 3.6.1 and cannot fall back since there
does not appear to be a link to the earlier release
at

   https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/

--Chris