[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Booting SoaS on a PC and on an XO with the same stick (Yes, it can be done)

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:21:10 EDT 2009

Thanks Luke.
Works as advertised ;-).
The SoaS2 iso (Soas-200903051021.iso, Fedora 11 based) when processed with
liveusb-creator 3.6 boots nicely on my Dell Precision M60 laptop.
I can also confirm that the extraneous backslashes in boot/olpc.fth are gone and
that boot/olpc.fth is generated by default ==> USB sticks produced on Windows
with liveusb-creator 3.6 are directly bootable on an XO-1 (provided
the boot on the
XO-1 is the first boot after generating the stick with liveusb-creator).
Thanks again for the release.

Ton van Overbeek