[Sugar-devel] easier installation of soas

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Sun Mar 1 13:58:30 EST 2009

As I understand it, this cannot be so simple because it needs to be a
bootable image, and not just a set of files.  I'd also suspect there's
partitioning being done (not sure) so that user data can still be
stored on it as well.

An alternative proposal (if Sugar Labs is willing to assume the
overhead involved) is to offer "Sugarsticks" at cost to those who want
them.  We could even brand them with the sugar logo, perhaps, in its
variety of colors.  Reducing the barrier to entry like this would make
it really easy for people to try, and "commercializing" like this
gives the project a certain credibility; a realness.

In a way, we could give kids an attachment to their "Sugarstick"
similar to that of kids to their XOs.

- Eben