[Sugar-devel] easier installation of soas

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun Mar 1 13:56:49 EST 2009

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if it may be possible to lower further the barrier for
> the less technical users that want to download sugar on a stick.
>
> Maybe we could offer a .zip for download that can be expanded on a
> bootable usb stick and just work?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu

Hi,

I'm working with Luke Macken to support SoaS directly in liveusb-creator
[1]. Users would just need to download the liveusb-creator, plug in
their USB key and could then directly chose to put the most recent
version of SoaS on their stick - and liveusb-creator would do the rest!

We had this ready for the former Sugar Spin, but need to sort this out
for SoaS (since it's not an official Fedora Spin).

I'm aware of the fact that this seems only to be available for Fedora
and Windows, though.

I'll keep you updated!

--Sebastian

[1] http://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator