[Sugar-devel] Journal feature request--more data in main display

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 16:43:45 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:

FWIW: That transcluded wiki template set-up was kind'a hard for me to get my
> head around, took some poking before I managed to edit the right sub page
> correctly. Not that there are likely many wiki novices expected to edit
> these techy pages, but just thought I'd mention the complexity of making a
> basic edit here.

I agree!  It was an experiment and exercise, which I'll end soon.  (I've
added some hints in the interim.)

I wanted to get the table of contents navigator and maybe show some
thumbnails,  but that would require wrapping each of the header lines (==,
===, etc.) on each subpage in <includeonly> tags, but they are entered by
the author.

Perhaps there is a wiki extension that would pre-process the subpages for
that purpose (but I haven't really looked for it yet.)

The bare bones alternative is just the Special:PrefixIndex/ subpages block,
but that is pretty bare by itself.

Thanks for the feedback!          --Fred