[Sugar-devel] Strawberry VDI, please

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 19:55:16 EDT 2009

Follow up on my previous message.

Turned out it was my own mistake. I had already a sugar-strawberry VM
booting from the iso
and with an empty harddisk also named sugar-strawberry.vdi.
When creating my new VM the hard disk ended up to point to the empty
one, not to the
vdi file extracted from the zip.
After pointing to the right hard disk file it booted fine.
In the meantime I have upgraded to Virtualbox 2.2.4 for Mac OSX, but I
am pretty sure
it would have worked on 2.2.2 if I had used the correct vdi file.

The default boot in Virtualbox shows the text screen, not the graphic
boot screen.
You'll have to add some vga=xxx option to the boot command to get a
larger screen
and then the graphic sugar logo (3 dots) and the XO logo for the
remainder of the circle
are shown.

Speak has problems with sound. Sound is intermittent and selecting an other face
exits the activity.
I have similar erratic behavior when using the strawberry iso in a
VMware fusion VM.

Ton van Overbeek