[Sugar-devel] Sugar Print Queue and Device Icon

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Jun 20 14:42:03 EDT 2009

Hi Vamsi,

On 20 Jun 2009, at 16:51, Vamsi Krishna Davuluri wrote:

> I'm working on adding Print Support to Sugar. And
> right now I'm working on creating a Printer Device Icon.
>
> what i've managed to do so far looks like this:
> http://i39.tinypic.com/35d6vlz.png
>
> suggestion from Mel Chua was to remove the scroll bars
> and limit the print jobs displayed.
> Also, suggestion from silbe was to list only one print job
> each completely and when clicked on the list display all
> the print jobs in a window.

Here's my shot at a mock-up, just bouncing ideas about. I've not been
following the Print discussions in detail so apologies if I've dropped
some important detail.

My aim was to simplify as much as possible, print dialogues are
confusing enough for adults :-) FWIW: I'm sure you've found it
already, but there is a nice printer.svg device icon in sugar-artwork
ready for use (I used it the mock-up below). I've assumed showing
completed jobs is un-necessary, but I have mock-ups with that if
needed as well (just imaging the (x) cancel button hiding and the
Status text to "Complete"), not sure how many you'd want sitting in
the list (just the last N?):