[Sugar-devel] ASLO vs. wiki.laptop.org activities

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Jun 18 21:06:03 EDT 2009

Hi James,

On 18 Jun 2009, at 15:28, James Simmons wrote:

> David,
>
> I am doing that now, but the page I'm pointing to is the one on
> wiki.laptop.org.  Should I abandon that page and create a new one
> somewhere else?  Should I perhaps move my pages to
> wiki.sugarlabs.org and replace my current page with a link to ASLO?

FWIW, I've duplicated my relevant wiki.laptop.org content over to
wiki.sugarlabs.org. Then used the below template at the top of my old
wiki.laptop.org page:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Activity_migrated_to_sl.o

My Moon wiki code looks something like this:

{{Activity migrated to sl.o | download=http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4034
  Moon | git=http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/moon Moon | homepage=http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Moon
  Moon }}

I feel this will allow existing deployments to continue to find the
documentation if needed, and provides warning and hint of some future
change over, once such a thing is ready.

FWIW: I try to test all Activities I'm involved with under both 0.82,
0.84 to make sure they work. There's nothing worse than end of
life'ing some set of users because they can't upgrade to the latest
and greatest Sugar release.

FWIW2: I've been considering adding Labyrinth to the wiki.laptop.org
activities/all page as that's where the vast majority of our main user
base is still going; though the links would all lead to SL
infrastructure.

Regards,
--Gary