[Sugar-devel] Physics Roadmap

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Jun 17 13:24:55 EDT 2009

On 17 Jun 2009, at 06:29, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> Did you look at my Turtle Art version of Alan Kay's third-grade
> gravity lesson?
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Gravity.odt

I had a read, but it didn't get me very far, sorry – competing with
an Alan Kay presentation is always going to be tough :-) Regarding
Physics, it's more a sandbox for making weird and wonderful little
mechanical devices; but specifically regarding gravity, I think there
is a nice feature I'd like to try and find a way add as some point,
'object trails'. With this you could roll a ball off a cliff edge and
see the motion curve left behind. Would be quite easy to add a grid
overlay to allow measurement. I guess an optional gird would also
allow building other more accurate experiments (i.e. I just made 3
pendulums of different lengths to see the shortest pendulum swing
faster; and that using a larger mass weight did not affect frequency).

--Gary