[Sugar-devel] [Bookreader] Epub and Read

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 02:15:22 EDT 2009

Sayamindu - I met Peter Brantley last week, who is actively working
with others towards a revised OPDS spec.  They are considering local
library v. global library issues, for which an offline OLPC classroom
provides a good example.

A separate epub-reader that can be dropped into Read sounds
reasonable, certainly as a model for an evince-hacker to follow if
interested.   Do you have a screenshot that shows a pagebreak?

Rebecca, you can try an html index page that links directly to .epub
files, which links should be recognized properly and should launch the
epub viewer when followed.

SJ