[Sugar-devel] Gsoc proposal: Speech Synthesis

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Thu Jun 11 15:10:45 EDT 2009

Chirag,

I won't be able to try out your code for awhile, but I did look at it
and noticed that while you refer to it as an "activity" it is not in
fact packaged as an "Activity".  Even if you intend for this code to
wind up being a part of Sugar itself, there is no reason you couldn't
make it an Activity now, and there would be advantages to doing that.
For one thing, it would be easier to try out.  The easier something is
to test, the more testing is done, and the better quality of testing is
done.  Plus the Activity could be used later by those unwilling to
update their XO's to the latest Sugar.

Other than creating an SVG icon with Inkscape it wouldn't take much work
to make this a real Activity.

James Simmons