[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [Marketing] [SoaS] Request for Artwork: Boot Screen

Christian Marc Schmidt christianmarc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:15:18 EDT 2009

Sorry, meant to reply-all! Comment below:

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 01:24:26PM +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Boot_Logo
>>
>> Christian - I myself prefer the "rays" to dots which I feel too
>> closely resemble networks in the Neighborhood view, confusion is
>> possible (networks being connected to at startup?)
>
> The rays are too dominant, IMHO.  The circles suffer from the
> confusion you mention, and the dots (gray) are just right.

I agree--the rays don't feel like they are part of the same visual
language as the rest of the UI, since they break the square grid that
other icons succumb to. I'm not sure about the confusion regarding the
color circles and access points; maybe we should ask around and see
what other people think? Maybe we could also just choose a single
color (the colors you have set for your XO) to avoid any confusion.
Otherwise, I'm also perfectly happy sticking to gray dots, and
coloring the XO as I mentioned earlier.

anything at christianmarcschmidt.com

http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com

917/ 575 0013