[Sugar-devel] Additional data for corrupted SoaS

Dave Bauer dave at solutiongrove.com
Fri Jul 31 12:07:42 EDT 2009

I created a SoaS with livecd-iso-to-disk.sh which has 1) overlay for
squahsfs operation system changes 2) home.img for /home.

I started it up and tried to corrupt it by unplugging during shutdown.
I was able to break all activities by corrupting the datastore.

Here is an example log from the Log activity startup
http://pastebin.com/m810ce7e

I was also unable to remove the datastore files due to ext3fs errors
when I tried rm -rf ~/.sugar/default/datastore

Some discussion on irc of possible solutions or at least improvements:
12:01 < tomeu> daveb: there are some fs params that may reduce this risk
12:04 < silbe> daveb: i recommend data=journal on every ext3 filesystem
               carrying data, even though it's significantly slower

Dave

--
Dave Bauer
dave at solutiongrove.com