[Sugar-devel] Karma git, where to put my early UI designs

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 01:16:05 EDT 2009

2009/7/31 Felipe López Toledo <zer.subzero at gmail.com>

> Hi man!

Hola,

> >Okay, I added the current state of things to lessons/quadrilaterals/.
> >
> >Changes compared to yesterday's version:
> >
> >* moved download from a separate tab into the support tab
> >* moved the lesson into an iFrame that loads lesson.html as suggested by
> Felipe (=> this in >turn has led to an odd issue as Firefox 3.5 now doesn't
> seem to load the complete lesson >while Chrome 3 does it just fine; need to
> investigate that)
> >* cleaned out the lesson specific .css and .js files from index.html
> yep, I got an error wit ff:
> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
> 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMCanvasRenderingContext2D.font]"
> nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
> file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrador/Escritorio/karma3/mainline/lessons/quadrilaterals/js/quadrilaterals.js
> :: anonymous :: line 153"  data: no]
>
> line 153: ctx.font = "bold 13px sans-serif";
>
> I think, it's not the font because it works fine when I load lesson.html on
> ff
>
> mmm, I'll work around this.

Yeah, I spent some time on this issue last night but I couldn't really come
up with a solution... :-(

> >While building the example I
> >also noticed that the current examples/quadrilaterals lesson doesn't
> really meet our bundle >requirements in terms of naming conventions (e.g.
> uses activity.(css|js) instead of ><lesson_name>.(css|js)) and file
> locations (e.g. images in images/ instead of assets/* >/images). Mentioning
> this just as a heads-up in case anyone looks at or works on that code >in
> the future.
> I worked around the lesson and after that we defined the layout. That's an
> old version.
> I'll fix it.

I think if you're working on / enhancing the quadrilaterals example it makes
more sense to base your work on what's stored in
lessons/quadrilaterals/lesson.html (instead of fixing the old version) since
that basically represent the latest version and ties in nicely with my menu
work.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer