[Sugar-devel] Gnash gtk+ widget support

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jul 20 05:01:42 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 22:53, Gary C Martin<gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> Hi Tomeu,
>
> Given that gnash, with the correct gtk+ python support, is not going to be
> here officially until F12 (November), does that make your gnash gtk+ work as
> something more reasonable to push*** for in the Sugar 0.88 time-scale?

Why 0.88? F12 is supposed to ship both Sugar 0.86 and Gnash 0.8.6 (or
9 or whatever they call the next version). I think now is a good
moment to test Gnash-based activities on Strawberry with the Gnash
rpms I posted in the blog. Then, when Sugar 0.86 ships, all distros
with an updated Gnash will be able to run these activities without any
fuss.

> Hmmm, I guess that's actually more a distro question

Yeah, it's a distro question, but the upstream roadmaps seem to be
aligned so that distros can pick up this work in their next releases.

Regards,

Tomeu