[Sugar-devel] Switching between activities? (was Re: Nobody understands "Keep")

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:30:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Greg Smith <gregsmithpm at gmail.com> writes:

> I forgot that switching to a new activity puts a copy of the old one
> on the Journal (20+ e-mails on that subject alone last year!).

This comment and Daniel's ones about the Keep button just make me wonder
why Sugar should allow several activities to be open at the same time.

Any strong case where this can be relevant?

Actually I'm not suggesting to ditch "switching" itself, I just realized
that switching could be "quit-and-fetch-another-activity-from-journal."

Then it would make sense to have another instance of the activity stored
in the journal when "switching" to an activity.

> FYI my philosophy is that the user is never "wrong".

I have the same.  And I've seen many instances with the XO where I had
to explain why children "shouldn't" launch more than 3 or 4 activities.
Hence this proposal.  Perhaps you considered this idea before - in that
case I'm interested in reading thru the discussion.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien