[Sugar-devel] [Marketing] [SoaS] The next Step: v2 Roadmap

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:32:33 EDT 2009

> You can add a category for example. [[Category:FeatureSchoolX]]
Great idea, I added a suggestion to add [[Category:Feature requested
by School Xyz]] to the feature template.
Don't forget to categorize categories so people can find them.

> The important part is: Anyone can create new feature pages. They get
> reflected in the roadmap when someone is working on them and proposes
> the feature ...

But currently http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Roadmap#Features just
lists every subpage of Features.  At some point someone will need to
identify the subset of proposed features that made it onto the
roadmap.

A) The classic way to do this is create a subcategory
[[Category:Features that are on the 0.86 Roadmap]], but without
MediaWiki extensions there's no way to list these pages on the roadmap
page -- readers have to click a link to view the category.

B) You could rename feature pages that are on the 0.86 roadmap, e.g.
Features/0.86/Neighborhood_List_View, and change the roadmap to list
only pages with that prefix.  Renaming is a hassle and people don't
like the resulting long names.

C) You could transclude specific feature subpages in the roadmap:
  {{:Features/Neighborhood List View}} ...
and use the noinclude tag so that only their critical info reappears
in the Roadmap.
   <noinclude>
   Summary and status
   </noinclude>
   Other stuff ..

D) Various extensions to find and present pages meeting criteria,
including (cue ominous yet thrilling music :-) ) Semantic MediaWiki...

=S Page