[Sugar-devel] [Marketing] [SoaS] The next Step: v2 Roadmap

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Jul 6 12:15:53 EDT 2009

Hi Greg,

On 07/06/2009 05:01 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
> Hi Tomeu,
>
> Looks great! You guys are really cranking.
>
> Three questions:
> 1 - Where do I see all the Features that have been proposed,
> regardless of target release?

They are grouped under: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features Those
listed under http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Roadmap should go there
finally as well.

> 2 - Can/should we add a section/tag to tie features back to real
> deployments? I'd like to see exactly which user or school needs each
> item and keep tabs on where and when they will use it.

You can add a category for example. [[Category:FeatureSchoolX]]

> 3 - Should I create Feature Template pages for the Priority A items
> from Caroline's list? They are a little high level and some may be bug
> fixi work instead of new features. I'm open to any suggestions on how
> to start tracking these items:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Goals in way that's
> useful for you.

I have written a policy about Features and Feature request:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Policy

The two important parts here are the section in (Starting the process):
How do I propose a feature idea, even if I can't build it myself?
How do I propose a feature I'm going to help build or own?

The important part is: Anyone can create new feature pages. They get
reflected in the roadmap when someone is working on them and proposes
the feature -> a feature needs an owner to make it in a release.

If the items are bug fixes you can use trac to track them. For little
improvements please mark them enhancements and not a defect.

Hope this helps,
    Simon