[Sugar-devel] Jaunty up and running

James Michael DuPont james.michael.dupont at flossk.org
Sun Jul 5 14:25:16 EDT 2009

Sascha,
It build and installed all according to the instructions.
I dont have this all here at the moment as I said. If you have any
questions, you can see my build snapshot, that contains everything.
I have put 2 days of work and finally got it running on ubuntu, you can see
the patches.

You can find many bug reports of sugar on ubuntu and others. I dont know of
anyone who sugar works. Everyone who tried the packages complained of
problems.

How come this is so difficult? How come you guys dont test the packages
yourself?
Installing ubuntu takes about 30 minutes. You can run it it on a virtual
machine.

Can you tell me of sugar working on any distro out of the box?
are there any success stories?
I really cannot find anything on ubuntu except wiki pages that are out of
date.
Sorry, but this is very frustrating.
thanks
mike