[Sugar-devel] addons.mozilla.org - what needs to be done?

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Jan 29 07:48:45 EST 2009

Ok, I think Tomeu and I caught up tonight and I'm ready to keep pushing
this forward, so... *tinkers with
http://sugarlabs.org/go/ActivityTeam/Remora_port*

Time for the questions.

1. There are a few instances of remora running on sunjammer. Which one
is the one under active development/test? (Or is it expected that people
will be developing/testing on their local machines right now? I believe
we should be using one common instance, but am not positive.)

addons.sugarlabs.org
addons-testing.sugarlabs.org
addons-devel.sugarlabs.org

2. How do people get access to play with it? (rw privileges in the
virtual host dir and access to the mysql db, what else is needed?) Tomeu
checked and it seems to be owned by the www-data group rather than the
addons group (and it's also not clear how to get added to the addons group).

Concrete example: http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/256 is an easy bug
(text replacement) and I can fix it myself in a jiffy, given the right
privs. Can someone walk me through getting those privs / making that commit?

3. If you break the live instance under test, what subset of the
instructions on http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/a.s.o must be
run (by whom / with what privs) to restore it to its former glory?

Answers to all these things will, of course, be documented on the wiki.
;) I'll be on IRC from Catalyst tomorrow looking for people who can help
with this... (hi dfarning!)

--Mel

PS: php/mysql wizards welcomed, and testers will be needed soon!