[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Porting Kandid to the Sugar the desktop environment

Behavior Vehikel b.vehikel at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 22 03:27:05 EST 2009

Kandid is a system to evolve graphics. It uses an interactive genetic
approach to find interesting visual patterns. This idea comes
originally from Karls Sims. Some years ago I published a Java
application based on this idea. http://kandid.sourceforge.net/  Now I
am planing to build a similar program for Sugar and OLPC. This version
of Kandid will use Sugar's collaborative capabilities. Instead of an
direct port I will rewrite some parts of Kandid in a way more suitable
for children and taking in account the limited hardware resources of
the OLPC XO. At the moment I have no access to an OLPC XO computer.
Therefore the Suguar emulator on Ubuntu will be used. And I hope that
other people can test it on a real OLPC XO computer. First release is
planed end of 2009.

Kind regards
Thomas Jourdan

--