[Sugar-devel] The ARM is near

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:07:00 EDT 2009

We're going to do all of this for the XO-2 (ARM, dual haptic
multitouch screens), and as with trees, the sooner we plant the
better.

Can we get a virtual ARM running on a Linux X86 system? It seems
likely. QEMU has some form of ARM emulation. Also,

https://wiki.cse.buffalo.edu/services/content/virtualmhz-arm-vm-arm
The VirtualMHz for ARM (VM-arm)

Virtera is shipping a free tool that can simulate a 217MHz ARM
processor and embedded Linux system in real-time. The VirtualMHz for
ARM (VM-arm) uses dynamic instruction compilation, rather than the
interpretive simulation techniques used by competitors.

Has anybody seen it? Tried it? Liked it?

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Ton van Overbeek<tvoverbeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> There have been demos to run Sugar on a Nokia N810 (ARM based)
> starting from the Debian Armel packages.
> Probably a good idea to check with the Debian folks. Debian supports
> multiple architectures for their
> distributions.
> I do have a N810 myself, but I will be very busy the next few months
> (relocating back to Europe),
> so I will not have much time to contribute (and yes, touchscreen,
> stylus, virtual keyboard, etc. are
> problematic with Sugar).

Edward Mokurai Cherlin
Silent Thunder (默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज/دھرممیگھشبدگر ج) is my name, and
Children are
my nation. The Cosmos is my dwelling place, the Truth my destination.
http://earthtreasury.org/