[Sugar-devel] SOAS on Dell mini inspiron 10

Russell Brown misterruss at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 22 05:28:32 EDT 2009

Hi,
I just bought a Dell mini 10 to try SOAS on. I usually run SOAS on an
ASUS 701 and it all works lovely. On the Dell mini 10 the trackpad is
incredibly (unusabley) sensitive. Also the wireless networking is not
working. I bought the mini 10 with the upgraded Dell wireless 1510
half mini card (802.1n). If I boot into the pre-installed Ubuntu 8.04
the wireless networking works (and the trackpad is not mental).

My questions are:

1) Is there a HLC for SOAS?
2) Is there a way to set the trackpad sensitivity with SOAS?
3) Is there a way to trouble shoot the wireless network card issue?

I'm not a total linux noob but I am not a sys admin or a linux systems
developer (I've learnt through struggling through really). I've
googled for SOAS on the dell mini 10. There are some articles about
the mini 9 but nothing I have seen is relevant to my issues.

If I get it sorted I will certainly write up a blog post about it so
that the Dell mini 10 can be seen as a viable platform for Sugar. At
less then 200 quid for a 10 inch netbook it would seem to be a good
target platform.

Many thanks in advance

Russell