[Sugar-devel] Problem listing journal objects

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:30:55 EDT 2009

Michael,

What it sounds like to me is that I will get read-only access to
/proc/mounts and to files and directories on removable media connected
to the USB ports.  I can use ordinary Python IO to list directories
and read files and find out what is mounted.  I can continue to use
the datastore API for entries in the Journal.  While I can create new
entries in the Journal out of slides in my slide shows, I will not be
able to copy them directly to thumb drives, etc.  Any temporary files
I need have to go in the "instance" subdirectory of my Activity.  I
won't be able to use the /temp directory in the future.  Finally, if
someone inserts a thumb drive after my Activity has started I won't be
able to detect that drive.

Please correct me on any of this I got wrong.

Thanks,

James Simmons