[Sugar-devel] BoomingBang project : RT-42001... Help needed..

Abhishek Indoria hackerboymayabhi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:59:03 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,
I am Abhishek Indoria, Developer of BoomingBang project, i.e.
http://boomingbang.webs.com
I would like to you to see/check below given details and send your reviews
and suggestions on the project...along with how to port this project to
linux.
RT=42001

Project Details:
What is BoomingBang?

BoomingBang is a third person RPG arcade game* whose idea was taken from
Wormux. Similarly like Wormux, BoomingBang emphasizes on Performance over
style, using SDL library and XML as well as some C and python programming.

The basic mission of players is to eliminate all other players from the game
in a funny way.

You control a team of creatures, be it a penguin or Pigeon or a bull. You
try various methods, like dropping them into water by pushing them towards
water from a hill, or hitting them with bat and send them flying, to give
them a vomiting injection and you'll see them vomiting(Be careful, stand
around the vomited surface too long and you will find yourself in
grave),booming them with a funny bazooka or removing surface under them so
if the move, BINGO!

*Official Website:(WEBSITE IS DOWN FOR THE BUILDING PROCESS...)
*

www.sites.google.com/site/boomingbang

*SUB WEBSITE::*

*www.boomingbang.webs.com
*

Members:

Abhishek Indoria,(See last for my info.)

Navdeep Singh

*IDEA OF BoomingBang*

The Original version and idea of BoomingBang was adopted from a famous game,
Wormux. Wormux is distributed under GPL and hence allow users to stretch it
for their own requirements. And also, it would be inappropriate BoomingBang
to call totally improved version of Wormux. It is improved version of
Wormux, but many things are added in it which makes this game totally
different. New sets of maps, new environments, new weapons and new tactics,
you can do anything in the BoomingBang world.

BoomingBang is not developed completely; we are working for it in Windows
platform and will soon start working in Linux.

*Objectives of BoomingBang*

* *

The basic objective of BoomingBang is fun. Others fall afterward.

-BoomingBang helps players to think logically, like -What will happen if I
do it? and Why should I do it? Players just get deep down in the game.

-BoomingBangs allows players to take decisions within the time limit.
Players can set the time limit according to them, for their convenience, but
however, this makes players think reasonable and quickly, improving their
decision making ability.

-One wrong decision and it’ll be over. This is BoomingBang's speciality.
Players' ability to think harder and quicker at each step is required.

*CHILDREN WORLDWIDE*

CHILDREN who belong to poor families and have at least a computer or an XO
laptop will able to run this game and will get at least some benefit of the
game, be it fun, logical thinking, mental level, quick decisions or others.

*SUGAR COMMUNITY*

Sugar community is currently active in distributing the laptops and widely
distributing projects made by other programmers. I believe that this project
will be helpful and will be another great game for children.

We have thought carefully of internationalization and BoomingBang is
available in many languages, like:

English

Spanish

Italian

French

German

Russian etc.

we are currently making it so that it will integrate into almost every XO
laptop and any low feature machine.

BoomingBang will run excellent in Systems supporting it, be it speed,
performance, style or anything else.

And of course, the program is fully flexible, allowing users to modify it
according to their needs.(See Another Advantage: key feature below)

We focus on distributing this project evenly in the whole world, so we will
soon be taking request to ship the project for free, if you can't download
it from website.(No normal fee... Very low shipping charges may occur, by
very low... I meant very low... about 1 or 2 US$)

*TIMINGS AND SUPPORT*

We are currently developing the project under windows and will start under
Linux as soon as we get approval.

The project will be available till end of 2010 at latest (if it stretched
too long), Else it'll be ready till August 2010. The project support will be
available on mailing me at hackerboymayabhi at gmail.com or my teammate,
Navdeep at unriddleddarkmastersmayabhi at gmail.com. or Leave a comment at OUR
SUB WEBSITE.

*The basic obstaces we think will be:*

-Developing the project in Linux, as we don't have a huge knowledge of Linux
and also, the requirements of Linux version may vary machine to machine.

-Linux requirements of the project as it require some libraries to run. (See
below)

*BASIC REQUIEMENTS*

*FOR WINDOWS USERS*

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4, Celeron, AMD or equivalent

Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) XP or greater

Microsoft(R) Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

at least 128 MB RAM

71 MB of HDD Space

At least 640x480 Resolution

*FOR LINUX USERS *(This content is preliminary and subject to change)

* *

Intel Celeron, P4 or AMD.

256 MB RAM recommended

Hard Disk space may vary as we have only framed an outline of the project in
Linux.

Libgcc( maybe known as glib in some packages of Linux) package

LibXML2

libogg

libcurl

zlib

(Linux users may find the programs packed with BoomingBang,in same
installation file in future and ALL PROGRAMS REQUIRED AS WELL AS THIS
PROGRAM WILL BE FREE AND OPEN SOURCE-including updates)

On some older computers, the game may run slowly.

*ANOTHER ADVANTAGE as a KEY FEATURE*

BoomingBang is written in simple language, it is flexible so anyone can
ticker around its code and modify it according to their requirements. You
can just edit the XML or Data files as working on any text editor and you'll
see the effect.

BoomingBang is totally free and distributed under GPL, so no barriers,
Improve it, develop it and Pass it on. :)

*PROJECT DESIGNING*

The Project will be designed under Python and C as well as XML in Linux
version, we are currently using Visual C++ SDL library, XML and C in this
project under Windows(R). All required libraries can be found under GPL and
downloadable.

*SUPPORT*

The project will include full support (Phone) 1 PM - 10 PM(Indian Standard
Time), and soon technical support will be available on the website as the
project will be released. E-mails are welcomed 24x7 and may take at least 12
hours to process(7 days at maximum, if problem is quite heavy)

We provide a lifetime warranty of BoomingBang. Any defected version will be
either repaired or replaced instantly. We suggest users to inform us of any
defected edition and send us the whole game(or the part you think is
defected) via e-mail and we'll solve problems for you.

As this game runs slowly on some older computers, We intend to develop a low
resource taking project which will have very low requirements. We think to
take this step after we'll have completed the project successfully and
submitted it.

YOU CAN LEAVE A COMMENT ON OUR SUB-WEBSITE i.e. boomingbang.webs.com

The Phoenix Team has reviewed the deadlines and milestones of Project
Imperious and we suggests the following:

PROJECT TIMELINE:
The Phoenix Team
----------
http://phoenix-team.webs.com
PROJECT CODENAME: Imperious
PROJECT REAL NAME: BoomingBang
----
REV. NO>23
----

The Phoenix Team has reviewed the deadlines and milestones of Project
Imperious and we suggests the following:

* Dec 09 --Project Completion- nearly 80%
* Mar 10 --Project Completion- 100%
* Apr 10 --Alpha Release
* According to the reviews received, if feedback is positive, Beta
version will be launched in June'10 or unfortunately, if there is more
criticism, the project will be reviewed and debugged and Beta Version
will be released in July'10
* July to Aug'10 -- Project Reviewing
* Sept'10 -- Theta version release
* Oct'10 -- Starter Edition of Imperious release for Windows and
Linux(For less developed PCs and countries)
* Nov'10 -- Home Edition of Imperious will be released and will be
made available online for Windows and Linux(using Wine)

Official Support of Imperious starter edition will expire in June 2012
and Home edition in December 2012. New Versions and editions will be
available till then, and their support will continue

Signed,
Abhishek Indoria
Phoenix Team President

Mark Johnson