[Sugar-devel] Karma: bundle layout improve

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 03:59:52 EDT 2009

2009/8/16 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>

> Christoph already used "tutorial" instead of "reading" in the Karma
> Dictionary http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Karma/Dictionary.
>
> do u mind if we go w/ that?

IMHO "tutorial" is also a better name because reading infers a relatively
passive use and it generally lends itself more to "books" and using the
"Read" activity.

> Looking at the lesson layout, should we have generic assets that we
> don't expect to change per locale?

Well, things like backgrounds or UI elements such as arrows might change in
some scenarios but generally speaking I do expect quite a lot of these
assets to remain the same regardless of the language. Also sound files in
language learning classes won't change even when the tutorial/game/exercise
itself is in a different language.

Additionally, what will be the layout w/in tutorial/, game/, and
> exercise/ ?

Not sure whether you or Felipe added this in the meantime but there's a
suggestion at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Karma/Bundle_layout#Reading.2C_Game_and_Exercise

Cheers,
Christoph