[Sugar-devel] feedback from a teacher in Uruguay

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Thu Aug 13 17:16:52 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 04:32:08PM -0300, Gabriel Eirea wrote:

> 2) She saves Write documents in the pendrive, then she opens them at
> home with KUbuntu and OpenOffice, then she saves the modified document
> in the pendrive and tries to open it in the XO with Write. She claims
> she can't open it even if the document was not modified.
To me this sounds like OpenOffice is saving a later version of the
OpenDocument (ODT) format than Write understands (similar to Microsoft
Word 95 not being able to read documents that have been written by
Microsoft Word 97). In that case, there may be a way to tell Open Office
to save in the older ODT version, so that Write can still read it.
I hope someone else more proficient with Write (Abiword) and OpenOffice
will either confirm or disprove my suspicion.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/