[Sugar-devel] sugar and nfs

Philippe Clérié philippe at gcal.net
Tue Aug 4 15:04:14 EDT 2009

I've been so focused on just getting sugar on a hard disk that I've
hardly taken the time to think of what comes next. In particular,
the next hurdle will probably be getting it to work with the home
directories on nfs. Has there been any experience with that?

My immediate concern is that the usb stick starts up with a default
user and there's no obvious way, from sugar, to change user names or
even hostnames. Sure it can be done via the command line. No problem
with that. But I have a nagging feeling that there maybe hard coded
dependencies on some default user withing sugar.

--

Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>