[Sugar-devel] Reviving the Deployment Team

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Aug 3 14:47:10 EDT 2009

It looks like we have enough sustainable contributors to revive the
Deployment team!

The existing deployment team information is at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Deployment_Team .  I would like to begin
by slightly narrowing the deployment teams mission to:

The mission of the Deployment Team is to enable Sugar deployments to
participate fully in the Sugar community by organizing forums for the
exchange of experience and needs between Sugar users and Sugar
developers.

Once these tasks are well under way we can expand the mission as needed.

Maria del Pilar Saenz of SugarLabs Colombia has offered to be the
initial co-ordinator for the team.  Maria is both close to deployments
and quite articulate and knowledgeable about our high-level goals.

Over the next couple of weeks, I hope we can revisit the team's
roadmap, resources, and TODO list to start minimizing the
communication barriers between deployments and developers.

In order, to get this started Tomeu has mentioned that he is willing
to shift his Sugar Labs time from working on new features to fixing
bugs.

david