[Sugar-devel] Screen Reposition?

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 3 11:12:01 EDT 2009

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 16:55, Art Hunkins<abhunkin at uncg.edu> wrote:
>> Is it still possible that resize capability, at least for PyGTK code without
>> absolute positioning, might be included in SoaS?
>
> I don't know if it's possible, anyone has an idea of how feasible is this?

I feel like I'm reading a conversation among Dadaists.  This conversation
doesn't make any sense at all.

PyGTK code without absolute positioning resizes automatically by default,
if you can even call it that.  If you haven't specified absolute sizes,
then there is no size from which to "resize", and GTK simply chooses the
best size to fit the window.  There is no question of feasibility, because
this is the default behavior on every platform, and has always been.

It may be that Strawberry is not correctly configured to handle high-DPI
screens.  That's a bug, but it's not preventing automatic resizing.  It's
just sizing based on an incorrect model of the screen.

--Ben