[Sugar-devel] progress testing dojo and jQuery? [KARMA]

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sat Apr 25 22:39:38 EDT 2009

Felipe,

Last we talked you were testing out animations w/ dojo. How is that
going? I am still working through the jQuery in Action book and haven't
spent any serious time w/ dojo. We will have to rely on your work w/
dojo.

I very much enjoyed this video about the good parts of javascript
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQVTIJBZook  -- thanks to Lucian for the
link.

Since I haven't played w/ dojo I still can't compare it to jQuery. I am
convinced, however, in the value of one jQuery's design tenets,
Unobtrusive Javascript. I would really like to adhere to this principle
regardless of what js framework we use.

For those on the list unfamiliar w/ Unobtrusive Javascript, it requires
that you do not mix your js code and html markup. You add eventlisteners
to html elements in your js code and don't write any js code inline w/
your html markup.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director