[Sugar-devel] Turtle Art in sugar-jhbuild--defaults to Spanish

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 08:50:25 EDT 2009

Are you running it from outside of Sugar? If so, you should try
pullling the most recent version from git, which should default to
your default locale. I've never seen the failure you have described
from within Sugar. From within Sugar, the relevant code is:

        lang = locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]
        if not lang:
            lang = 'en'

-walter

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why does TurtleArt in sugar-jhbuild default to Spanish? How do I
> change the language for TurtleArt?
>
> I have found the language-specific files in images, locale, and
> samples, and the place in turtleart.py that says to use the .es file,
> but there must be some other place that specifies Spanish, because
> changing .es to .en and copying the po.en file over the po.es file
> don't give me English.
>
> --
> Silent Thunder (默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज/دھرممیگھشبدگر ج) is my name
> And Children are my nation.
> The Cosmos is my dwelling place, The Truth my destination.
> http://earthtreasury.org/worknet (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org