[sugar] [Localization] 9.1 proposal: Language learning on the XO.

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos
Thu Oct 30 18:24:22 EDT 2008

Ed, u r 100% on as usual.

I believe we should work for tools that can help all languages, and then
people can load their own preferred choices, avoiding an image issue of
OLPC taking a stand that could be misconstrued by those who love to
misconstrue.  Those people don't care about reason, logic or the
inevitability of History or whether it helps kids or not - but in some
places they are quite powerful and need to be reckoned with, for fouling
is still easier than building.