[sugar] Putting stuff inside the datastore for non-activities

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Mon Oct 13 10:51:06 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:10, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
>>Thanks for the tip. It looks like for remote files, mozplugger is
>>creating the tmpfile in <instancedir>/tmp
>
> mozplugger is probably reading $TMPDIR, which we set. You can change
> that setting if you want.
>
> Next, the DS is unable to copy the file content of the file in $SAR/tmp
> because the tmpfs mounted on $SAR/tmp is not mounted in the namespace
> being used by the DS.

Someone recently reported that Chat creating URLs in the Journal for
Browse had broken at some point, because it was using $SAR/tmp, but
$SAR/instance works fine.

Read also uses instance when it creates an entry for a document you
receive in a shared session - and removes it during write_file if we
are closing.

So use instance, but remove the file when you are done.

Regards
Morgan