[sugar] Sugar USB testing

Caroline Meeks caroline
Wed Oct 8 22:46:12 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Caroline Meeks
> <caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> > The Fenway has far more modern computers then the Shaw, I should be able
> > get a JoyRide LiveCD to work on their computers to demo.  I have one from
> > around Oct 24th. Are there enough changes that I should burn the most
> recent
> > one?
>
> Oct 24h of 2007? If so yeah, the changes are really big...

:)  I made a new one, but then left it in my computer at home! I did bring
my XO and everyone liked it of course.

I posted my notes from the visit to Fenway today:
http://schoolkey.net/blog/2008/10/08/first-meeting-with-future-engineers-at-fenway-high-school

Note that the Fenway has pretty  new computers so I'm not as worried about
Fedora not booting or running out of RAM.

I have a few of the kids from the "Future Engineers" club set up with a SLAX
USB.  I'd like to go back in 2 or 3 weeks with a Sugar USB for them to play
with.  Do you think that is a feasible time table?

Here is my wish list:

   1. Bootable Sugar USB
   2. Boot Helper CD
   3. Instructions on how to add an Apps such as GIMP
   4. A Jabber Server for them to collaborate (nice to have)
   5. A plan for how they can give feedback to the Sugar community in a
   useful, nonintrusive way.

Thanks,
Caroline

--