[sugar] Release schedule and process

Walter Bender walter.bender
Tue May 13 12:41:57 EDT 2008

Ah. I was missing a subtly: do we agree that activities can be
released on their own timeframe, but that some activities are released
with the Sugar releases? For example, Write could be updated whenever
the Abiword team feels it is appropriate, perhaps in sync with other
Abiword releases, but a Sugar release would always include a working
Write? Is this the Gnome model?

In some cases, there is more than one choice for a core activity:
there are at least three credible Draw programs at the moment. Which
one is folded into the Sugar release is an interesting
question--somewhat different from the question of what are core
activities. Michael and Scott's Customization process takes care of
some aspects of both of these questions, but it doesn't address the
question of whether or not Sugar would issue a release that was
incompatible with *any* Draw activity.

-walter