No subject

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Mon May 12 07:21:16 EDT 2008

I, like most users, am not code-savvy.&nbsp; I dont dare work in Terminal or any activity where my ineptness could cause a breakdown I couldnt correct.&nbsp; I dont dare try to update to a newer build on my own.&nbsp; <br>The 3rd-worlders may not tell you about this problem because they haven&#39;t gotten this far yet, but they will.&nbsp; <br>
You have discussed putting a toolbar in Browse.&nbsp; That would be wonderful, not only for a search bar, but for items like Save and Send Link.&nbsp; One could save individual pages, not just the entire Browse activity for the day.&nbsp; Eventually Tinymail would work if it transferred in the same language as sent.&nbsp; In simplest form the problem now is how to get data in plain English from the Journal to Gmail to another computer.&nbsp; Perhaps this would not be difficult to resolve.&nbsp; <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &nbsp;On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 09:26 -0700, ValS wrote:<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&gt; Thanks for this wonderful program! &nbsp;Speaking as an XO user, I am<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&gt; requesting a feature that I imagine would benefit any users that have<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&gt; internet access. &nbsp; I would like to be able to use the Write function,<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&gt; and then send what &nbsp;I have written in an email as an attachment. &nbsp;That<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&gt; way, I can send it to others, send it to a computer with a printer,<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&gt; and use the written material &nbsp;in various ways, even as a book. &nbsp;So is<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&gt; there a chance of compatibility between the Write (and other)<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&gt; functions and the Browse (where we can access email)?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &nbsp;If there is any service on the XO that can send email, then this would<br>
&gt; &nbsp;be trivial to add to Write. Isn&#39;t there a Google SoC application this<br>
&gt; &nbsp;year to create an an email thing based on tinymail for the XO ?<br>
approach of first opening an email interface (for instance, Gmail in<br>
Browse) and then selecting a file from the Journal to attach to it. &nbsp;I<br>
hadn&#39;t considered wanting to send the document I&#39;m *currently working<br>
on* to someone else as an attachment.<br>
One reason for this might be due to the fact that we *do* plan to add<br>
a &quot;send to...&quot; option to the palette/toolbar for each activity, to<br>
allow direct file transfers between people running Sugar. &nbsp;Perhaps<br>
there is a place in here somewhere for &quot;mail to...&quot; as well? &nbsp;Or,<br>
perhaps under send to it&#39;s possible to select an individual, or a<br>
group, or an *activity* (!) which could then take some action based<br>
upon what it was given. &nbsp;By selecting an email activity, it could<br>
generate a new draft message and automatically attach the file.<br>
- Eben<br>

------=_Part_5408_26510673.1210613692709--