[sugar] GVFS, OLPC, and GIT ?

Alexander Larsson alexl
Tue Mar 25 10:52:28 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 10:29 -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> It sounds like in order to use GVFS for a revision-controlled system, one
> must either represent versions as paths or mounts.  Neither seems ideal to
> me, as versions are something else altogether.

Exactly. Its doable, but not native to the API. Versioned filesystems
like that isn't yet a well known problem space, so I'd hesitate to put
in an untested solution into the stable glib APIs. At some point they
may get added though.

Of course, even if you don't use gvfs for modeling the file system you
can still reuse large parts of the gio apis. For instance stream
interfaces, the async i/o models, and the cancellation system.