[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Working math graphs/plots

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:23:35 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:

> 1) Add a standard help icon to every activities activity tab which brings
> up a modal sugarised dialogue box with a (scrollable) text view.

I have something like this in Finance.  It's modeless and it's context
sensitive with regard to the 'screen' of the activity.  It can be toggled by
a button in the Activity toolbar.  It was really an experiment to try and
help people get through some of the complex financial terminology, but it
needs some more work.

For more detailed help, I would consider adding a 'More' button to the help
box, that when clicked would extend the box down to cover the rest of the
screen, and show a scrolling rich-text guide to the activity.

I would add an Option 4:

4) Add a help icon to the Activity toolbar which launches Browse, displaying
an HTML guide to the activity.

Either way, it sounds like a lot more work for the translators.

-Wade