[Sugar-devel] File transfer in Telepathy

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Wed Dec 3 04:42:32 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 19:51, Guillaume Desmottes
<guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> As announced during my talk at Sugar Camp, we are making good progress
> on file transfer support in Telepathy.
>
> I just released [1] telepathy-salut 0.3.6 which implement this new
> interface. So if someone is interested to implement object sharing [2]
> in Sugar, he can start using Salut. Of course, we'll be happy to answer
> to any question on #telepathy or using our mailing list.

Great!

> The D-Bus API is documented in the Telepathy specification [3] and I
> wrote a simple client in Python [4] (which has not been reviewed yet and
> is just a demo script so probably need some polishing).
>
> I have a sugar-jhbuild branch [5] updating moduleset to use latest
> Salut. This new release depends on glib 2.16, dbus 1.1.0  and
> libsoup-2.2.
> As these modules are not in the modulesets, I don't know what's your
> policy for them.

AFAICT these dependencies are all OK in Ubuntu hardy and intrepid, so
we just need to add the sysdeps.

Can anyone comment on our other supported platforms for sugar-jhbuild?

> Next step is to implement file transfer in Gabble. That's one of our
> priority and we have someone at Collabora currently working on it; so
> that should be available pretty soon.

Looking forward to it...

Regards
Morgan